6 April 2022 marks the start of a new tax year (each tax year runs from 5 April to 6 April – unlike a normal year!).
If you are self-employed, an investor, a CIS subcontractor, a landlord, you earn over £100K, you live abroad, then you will most likely need to submit a tax return.
From 6 April 2022, you can submit your Self-Assessment tax return for income earned between 5 April 2021 and 6 April 2022.
You have until January 2023 to submit your Self-Assessment tax return, but we (at Earnr!) highly recommend doing this as early as possible because...
We're giving you a chance to win £1000!
Yes, that's right! We're giving you the chance to win £1000 off your tax bill or in cash.
How do I enter?
It's very simple. All you need to do is submit your Self-Assessment tax return with Earnr and you will automatically be entered into the draw. To enter, you must submit your Self-Assessment tax return between 6 April 2022 and 30 April 2022. You can read the full terms and conditions here.
When will I find out if I have won?
Once you have submitted your tax return, you will receive an email confirmation with your entry. We will announce the winner in early May, keep your eyes peeled!
Why is it useful to submit my tax return early?
- No matter when you submit your Self-Assessment tax return, you have to pay your tax bill by 31 January 2023, otherwise you will incur a fine. Submitting your tax return early, means you can spread your tax bill across months. So if you submit in April, that means you have 10 months to spread the cost of your tax bill!
- Earnr is offering a 50% discount on Self-Assessment tax returns until 30 April 2022 (if you earn below £3,000 on your self-employed business then your tax return will be fee, if you earn above £3,000 Earnr will charge a flat fee of £49.50 instead of £99).
- You will be entered into our competition to win £1000 off your tax bill (or in cash). Terms and conditions apply.
- Save yourself loads of stress in January 2023!
That's great, but how do I submit a Self-Assessment tax return?
- It's very important to register for a Self Assessment. When you do this you get what is called Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR). It can take up to 10 days for this to arrive, so we recommend doing this as early as possible.
- Identify your business transactions within Earnr
- Enter your personal details and income sources
- Review your details and hit submit! 🎉
You can speak to one of our team members for support at any time. If you are new to Self Assessment, it can feel daunting, but we're on hand to help and explain every step of the way.
Get started today simply by downloading (or opening) the Earnr app on App Store or Google Play.