V1.0.2 - 2 December 2021
1. These terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to your use of our mobile application ("App") and our services described below and form part of the agreement between you and Earnr Limited ("Earnr", "we", "us").
3.These Terms have no fixed or minimum duration. They will apply until either you or we end this agreement.
4.You can review the current version of the Terms at any time on this page. We reserve the right to change the Terms at any time by posting updates to this page. If we make substantial changes, or if we are required to do so by law, we will notify you of such change in advance to the email address associated with your Earnr account, but it is your responsibility to check this page from time to time to make sure you’re aware of any changes to these Terms.
1. Earnr supports you by providing the following services:
1.1. Earnr lets you import and aggregate transaction data from your online bank accounts, saving accounts, and credit cards in one place.
1.2. Earnr organises and categorises your side hustle and self-employed finances so you can see all your different online accounts in our App, meaning you can always see where you are with your and your side hustle’s income.
1.3. Earnr provides professional accounting software services including, but not limited to supporting preparation and submission of tax returns and financial statements for sole traders with up to £85,000 revenue. However, please note that Earnr does not provide, and our services should not be relied upon, for tax or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax and accounting advisors for this purpose.
2. We are constantly developing and improving the Earnr App, so we will also tell you about new features of Earnr that we’ve launched that you might not be aware of, as well as telling you about features of Earnr that we can see you've not used.
3. We will provide the Services using reasonable skill and care and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
4. We reserve the right (without liability to you or prejudice to our other rights) to suspend your access to or use of the Services (including through deactivation of your Earnr Account) without notice in the event you breach, or we reasonably suspect that you have breached or will breach, these Terms.
1. Account Set-up and maintenance
1. To use our Services, you must first register for an account on the Platform (“Earnr account”). In the case of a company, by registering for an Earnr Account, you warrant that you have authority to bind the company (as the contracting party) to these Terms. In the case of an individual, by registering for an Earnr Account, you warrant that you are:
- 16 years of age or older;
- An UK, EEA or Swiss national living in the UK; and
- A person who has the right of abode in the UK, or who has been granted indefinite leave to remain or has no time limit on his/her stay in the UK.
2. You hereby represent and warrant that the information you provide to Earnr upon registration, including information provided through your Linked Accounts (as defined below), and at all other times, will be true, accurate, current, and complete. You will ensure that this information is kept up-to-date at all times.
3. You are responsible for any use of our Services with your Earnr Account details and password, and for protecting your Earnr Account details and password from unauthorised use. You must not share this information with any other person. You are also responsible for the security of any computer from which you choose to sign into your Earnr Account.
4. We reserve the right to refuse to register or to delete your Earnr Account if you have previously had an Earnr Account deactivated by us due to your breach of these Terms (or earlier versions thereof).
2. Linked Accounts
1. Earnr may, now or in the future, allow you to link your Earnr Account to your account(s) on third-party services, such as social networking sites (“Linked Accounts”). If you link your Earnr Account to a Linked Account, you are authorising Earnr to access and collect information associated with your Linked Account (the precise information depending on the permissions of the applicable third party service provider) on your behalf in order to integrate your experience on the Platform with content, information, and features available through such Linked Accounts. Linking, accessing or using a third-party service through the Platform in this manner may be subject to additional terms established by the applicable third-party service provider, and it is your sole responsibility to comply with such third party terms.
1. You acknowledge that the features and functionality within the Platform that are used to prepare your self-assessment (“Accounting Features”) are dependent on the accuracy and completeness of the information inputted by you when using the Platform and Services and in any event Earnr makes no representation, and excludes all warranties (whether implied by statute or common law), to the extent it may do so by law, as to the accuracy of the Accounting Features and in respect of any information and other output provided to you in relation to your use of the Accounting Features, including the content of your self-assessment.
2. The Accounting Features are provided by Earnr entirely at its discretion. Earnr may change, restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Accounting Features at any time and without notice.
3. Any information Earnr provides to you via the Accounting Features is solely for your internal informational purposes and should not be treated as professional advice or relied upon for the purposes of submitting tax returns or any official filing. You should consult your own tax and accounting advisors for tax and accounting advice.
Connecting your account
1. Earnr uses Plaid Financial Ltd. (Company number: 11103959) whose registered office is at New Penderel House 4th Floor, 283-288 High Holborn, London, United Kingdom, WC1V 7HP ("Plaid Financial Ltd") to connect your Payment Accounts to Earnr.
2. Plaid Financial Ltd provides us with a portal through which you can authorise Plaid Financial Ltd to share your open banking data with us, which allows us to access your bank account and payment information strictly in relation to your use of the Platform and the services we provide.
4. You acknowledge and agree that when using the Plaid Financial Ltd service on our Platform, you will comply with Plaid Financial Ltd's policies https://plaid.com/legal/
What the platform or services does not do
1. You hereby acknowledge that we do not verify any data, information or other content posted, uploaded or transmitted by users of the Services and, as such, it is your sole responsibility to check, confirm and satisfy yourself as to the accuracy of any such content as well as any information presented to you as part of the Services which is derived from such content. We provide no warranty and accept no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of such content displayed on the Platform.
2. You, not us, are responsible for keeping copies of any information you provide to us. The Services do not include storage or back-up services; and we shall not be liable to you for any loss of such information (subject to our legal obligations to you as data controller of personal data).
Fees and payments
1. Subscription Fees (fees for your use of the app) are payable monthly in advance using the payment method selected by you when you selected your Subscription Plan (the pricing plan to access the functionality offered in relation to that plan, in exchange for paying the relevant Subscription Fees) or as otherwise agreed with you from time to time.
2. The available plans and their functionality are set out on the Earnr website.
3. All card payments to Earnr are made via Earnr’s chosen third-party payment provider.
4. Earnr may increase its Subscription Fees at any time on giving not less than 30 days’ prior written notice to you of any such increase.
5. If Earnr has not received payment by the due date, and without prejudice to any other rights and remedies it may have, without liability to you, Earnr may disable your account and access to all or part of the Services and Earnr shall be under no obligation to provide any or all of the Services while the Fees remain unpaid.
6. All amounts and Fees stated or referred to in these Terms:
- shall be payable in pounds’ sterling;
- are non-refundable;
Access to the app
1. Earnr will make reasonable efforts to make the Platform and Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Notwithstanding this, you hereby acknowledge that your use of the Platform and the Services may be interrupted from time to time, for example, when we perform maintenance services or as a result of delays or delivery failures resulting from the use of communications networks and facilities.
2. Access to the Platform and use of the Services is provided on an “as is” basis which means that we do not warrant the Platform or Services will be error-free at all times, and we shall not be liable to you for failure of the same.
1. You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the Platform and the Services anywhere in the world belong to us or our licensors, and that you have no rights in or to the Platform or the Services other than the right to use each of them in accordance with these Terms.
Our Liability to You
1. We are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our failing to comply with these terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen.
2. As noted above, please note that Earnr does not provide, and our services should not be relied upon, for tax or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax and accounting advisors for this purpose. Nothing in these terms, or in our Platform and/or Services, is intended to relieve you of, or reduce, any tax liability you may owe.
3. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
4. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
1. If you have a complaint, please email us at [email protected] We’ll send you a prompt reply and will get back to you with a full response to your complaint as soon as we can.
2. If you're still not happy, you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR, by calling 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123 or by sending an email to [email protected] For more details you can visit their website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
1. These Terms, and all our dealings with you are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute can be dealt with by an English or Welsh court unless your address is in Scotland (where it will be dealt with by the courts of Scotland); or Northern Ireland (where it will be dealt with by the courts of Northern Ireland).
2. These Terms are provided in English.
1. Earnr Limited is a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered office is at 71-75 Shelton Street, London, Greater London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ.
2. Earnr Limited is an appointed agent of Plaid Financial Ltd of New Penderel House 4th Floor, 283-288 High Holborn, London, United Kingdom, WC1V 7HP, a company which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Plaid Financial Ltd Financial Services Register number is 804718.
3. You can contact Earnr anytime by emailing [email protected]