How to promote your OnlyFans content on Reddit
Promoting your profile is a vital thing to do to boost your subscriptions. Many OnlyFans top earners refer to Reddit as one of the most valuable ways to gain more fans.
In this post, we’ll explain how you can use Reddit to promote your profile.
What's Reddit and how does it work?
Reddit is a social news aggregation, content rating, and discussion website founded in 2005. Its users can submit links, text posts, images, and videos. It’s organised as a collection of many different communities (subreddits). Each of these focuses on a specific niche. There’s one for everything, so it won’t be hard to find one or more where you’ll fit in.
Note that every subreddit has its rules, enforced by moderators. Make sure to know them before posting, as breaking them can have your post removed and yourself banned from the community.
Within the communities, other users will vote posts up or down, determining the position of your posts within the discussion. Reddit will show content with the highest scores at the front of the community. The higher the score, the more the post will be viewed by other users and, most importantly, new ones.
However, remember that your most essential metrics on Reddit will be your followers, not your votes. Reddit doesn’t show how many people follow you to others, but you’ll know your numbers, and you must create content for them. This will help you receive more upvotes and be more visible to other users that might become your followers.
How to promote your OnlyFans
Note that many communities have rules against advertising the sale of content, such as your OnlyFans subscription. For this reason, you should make your followers find out about your OnlyFans profile by themselves, for example, by visiting your profile after reading one of your posts.
Other than this, here’s a list of steps you should take to start promoting your OnlyFans on Reddit:
- Set your profile to NSFW (if needed): this is necessary if you post explicit content, as it restricts access to minors. Note that you can be banned from the platform if you don’t take this step.
Note that Reddit allows this content if shared as links to 3rd party website, as it doesn’t allow its users to store explicit content directly on its website.
- Set your name and bio: this doesn’t necessarily have to be your real name, as it’s just a display name. Concerning your bio, it should focus on attracting followers, so make sure it’s captivating.
- Choose a profile picture or create an avatar.
- Share your OnlyFans link: share this as a pinned post (you can pin up to 5 posts), so that it would be the first thing people see when accessing your profile.
- Verify your posts: this certifies that the person in the pictures/videos is you. Subreddits don’t always require verification, but we advise you to verify yourself, as you’ll appear more trustworthy. There’s no fixed procedure to do this, as every community sets its own verification process.
- Make sure you have enough votes to post on specific subreddits: many subreddits require to have a minimum number of votes to post your content in them. It is usually not shown within the community, but you can look at other posts to see more or less how many you need.
- Find the most relevant subreddits for you: there’s one for everything! You just need to find yours. To start, look at subreddits where other users post content similar to yours.
- Be consistent with posting: you can also post the same content to different subreddits to facilitate this. However, the more you vary, the better!
How to find relevant subreddits for your OnlyFans
Before you start searching for relevant subreddits, make sure you've decided on your niche. Your niche is the specific type of content you create and the target audience you focus on. Are you a cosplayer, do you focus on specific attributes, or do you make content for specific fetishes? Knowing your niche will help you identify the most suitable subreddits to engage with.
Reddit's search feature is an excellent tool for finding subreddits related to your niche. Enter keywords associated with your content, such as "fitness," or "cosplay," and make a list of the ones your think fit best with your niche. Look for subreddits with a substantial number of members and active engagement, as this increases the likelihood that your posts will lead to more customers on your OnlyFans. You can either try to look for very specific subreddits where your content can stand out or focus on larger subreddits where you can slowly build a following.
Another way to find relevant subreddits is observing and learning from other successful OnlyFans creators in your niche. Identify creators with a strong Reddit presence and analyse the subreddits they engage with. By studying their approach and the communities they participate in, you can gain valuable insights into the most effective subreddits to gain customers.
Lastly, don't limit yourself to just one or two subreddits. Instead, diversify your subreddit selection to maximise your reach. Participate in multiple communities related to your niche, as well as broader subreddits that cater to a wider audience. For example, if you're a fitness expert, you could engage with r/Fitness, r/Bodybuilding, r/Weightlifting, and r/HealthyLiving. Additionally, consider participating in subreddits like r/OnlyFansPromotions which cater specifically to content creators and their businesses.