Earnr AI, your new tax assistant, is here. Check it out now!
Stressed by tax?
Get Earnr Pro





A CWF1 form is a paper form that allows individuals to register as self-employed. This is now possible online but it provides a physical alternative.

More detail:

A CWF1 form is a document used to register for Self-employment and pay Class 2 National Insurance in the United Kingdom. It is available from HMRC and is also known as a Self-Employment Registration Form.

The form will ask for personal and business details and once completed, will give you your Unique Taxpayer Reference Number. This can be used in the future to submit your Self Assessment.

An example page of an CWF1 form is shown below:

A photo of page 2 of a blank CWF1 form

Back to Taxionary

You might also like...

decorative image for a blog

Submit your 22/23 Tax Return Before January 31st

January 31st is the deadline for submitting 2022/23 tax returns. It's a good idea to complete your tax return ahead of this deadline to avoid mistakes and potential penalties. This article shows why its a good idea to submit your tax return early and how Earnr can help you if you are stuck.

Read more
decorative image for a blog

We asked Earnr AI why you should use Earnr…. here’s what it said…

We recently introduced our newest addition to the Earnr team; our AI chat bot, Earnr AI. In this article we put Earnr AI to the test and asked it why you should use Earnr as your tax companion, bookkeeping tool and tax return assistant. Read it's excellent response!

Read more
decorative image for a blog
December 20, 2023
Tax essentials

Why should you submit your tax return over the Christmas period?

The festive period is often thought of as the busiest time of the year with the run up to Christmas and New Year. Whilst this period can feel hectic at times, it can also be seen as the perfect time to complete your tax return. In this article we explain why this Christmas time is the best time to submit your 22/23 tax return.

Read more
Earnr logoDownload earnr