Earnr AI, your new tax assistant, is here. Check it out now!
Stressed by tax?
Get Earnr Pro





An SA302 is a tax document that outlines income and tax spending over the last 4 years. Often requested by lenders and other financial institutions.

More detail:

The SA302 is a document issued by HMRC in the United Kingdom that shows how much money an individual has earned and how much tax they have paid in the last 4 years. It is also known as a tax calculation.

An SA302 can act as evidence of your income, so might be requested by a bank providing loans or mortgages when the individual acting as the loanee is Self-employed.

An SA302 can be requested online. Or by calling HMRC, and they can send it to the bank for example directly. But, you must have submitted your Self-Assessment before you can access your SA302.

If an individual uses Accounting Software or an Accountant to do their tax return, they can use that software or accountant to print out a tax calculation.

An example page of the SA302 is shown below:

A photo showing an example of an SA302 document

Back to Taxionary

You might also like...

decorative image for a blog

Submit your 22/23 Tax Return Before January 31st

January 31st is the deadline for submitting 2022/23 tax returns. It's a good idea to complete your tax return ahead of this deadline to avoid mistakes and potential penalties. This article shows why its a good idea to submit your tax return early and how Earnr can help you if you are stuck.

Read more
decorative image for a blog

We asked Earnr AI why you should use Earnr…. here’s what it said…

We recently introduced our newest addition to the Earnr team; our AI chat bot, Earnr AI. In this article we put Earnr AI to the test and asked it why you should use Earnr as your tax companion, bookkeeping tool and tax return assistant. Read it's excellent response!

Read more
decorative image for a blog
December 20, 2023
Tax essentials

Why should you submit your tax return over the Christmas period?

The festive period is often thought of as the busiest time of the year with the run up to Christmas and New Year. Whilst this period can feel hectic at times, it can also be seen as the perfect time to complete your tax return. In this article we explain why this Christmas time is the best time to submit your 22/23 tax return.

Read more
Earnr logoDownload earnr