Earnr AI, your new tax assistant, is here. Check it out now!
Stressed by tax?
Get Earnr Pro





An SA303 form is usually submitted by self-employed individuals who want to reduce their payment on account. HMRC automatically refund overpayment anyway.

More detail:

An SA303 is a form issued by HMRC in the United Kingdom to allow Self-employed individuals to attempt to reduce their Payment on Account. This can be done if business profits or other income has gone down, or tax relief has gone up.

It must be filed by 31st January after the end of the Tax Year. It can be filed online or via the post.

HMRC will automatically refund any overpayments through Payment on Account so an SA303 is not necessary to be tax efficient. But, people might choose to file an SA303 so they can have the money for their use at any time

An example page of the SA303 is shown below:

A photo of page 1 of a blank SA303 form
Back to Taxionary

You might also like...

decorative image for a blog

Submit your 22/23 Tax Return Before January 31st

January 31st is the deadline for submitting 2022/23 tax returns. It's a good idea to complete your tax return ahead of this deadline to avoid mistakes and potential penalties. This article shows why its a good idea to submit your tax return early and how Earnr can help you if you are stuck.

Read more
decorative image for a blog

We asked Earnr AI why you should use Earnr…. here’s what it said…

We recently introduced our newest addition to the Earnr team; our AI chat bot, Earnr AI. In this article we put Earnr AI to the test and asked it why you should use Earnr as your tax companion, bookkeeping tool and tax return assistant. Read it's excellent response!

Read more
decorative image for a blog
December 20, 2023
Tax essentials

Why should you submit your tax return over the Christmas period?

The festive period is often thought of as the busiest time of the year with the run up to Christmas and New Year. Whilst this period can feel hectic at times, it can also be seen as the perfect time to complete your tax return. In this article we explain why this Christmas time is the best time to submit your 22/23 tax return.

Read more
Earnr logoDownload earnr